Monday, October 11, 2010

blog #15

The three reasons given for the breakdown of secrecy are; the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the Internet and the urge to confess one's hidden transgressions before an audience of strangers. I disagree with Sante about the dissolution of society. That happens to be more of a politically related and media stuff. That is a whole different category of secrets. Those are things that should be adressed to the people. Its not the same as secrets that are meant to never be exposed. However, I agree with Sante's other two arguments. The Internet is a nemesis in the sense that once something is exposed to the Internet, it is out there forever, and can therefore, can be a disadvantage at any given night. I also agree with the urge to confess one's secrets. The urge of exposing a big, juicy secret often is often something that people do not have will power to overcome. This is an opinion I have developed over a period of observation. Overall, I would say that I do agree with Sante about secrecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment